Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy Birthday, Parker!

Actually his birthday was yesterday. Another year has come and gone and Parker is now 17. I have included pictures of his cake. I was thinking about it and Parker doesn't often get a cake of his own. He doesn't usually invite friends over for a party, so I don't do a special cake for that and we usually still have cake left over from McKay's birthday 5 days earlier so I don't want to add another 5 days of left over birthday cake to our diet. So I was happy McKay's birthday party isn't until next weekend when he'll get his cake, so I could focus on a cake for Parker.
Yes, it's a hamburger. Parker is a hamburger connoisseur. Parker's holding up some lead-free solder he got for his birthday for an electronics course he is taking. He insists that his school is using leaded solder he wanted something safer. It may have something to do with Da'd (Parker's abbreviation for David) always coming home with stories of saving humanity with analyzers from XOS, starting with lead in toys.

For the first piece of cake, Parker insisted on cutting is out like a bite was taken out of it. Yum!

Today is Friday night and Parker, McKay, and McKay's friend Adam are out with Parker's scout troup on a campout/paintball activity. It'll be interesting to hear the stories.

No comments: