Life has started to become somewhat normal. That isn't for us; so we had to figure out what to do next. And rather than having come up with something new every year or two, we wanted to do something that would keep things hopping longer. S0, Bryson is going to be a big brother! Yes, we're expecting, and, yes, there's two! That wasn't the exact plan, but we'll roll with it.
We're at week 10 and I went in for an ultrasound today. They are doing great. They measure 30mm (that's just over an inch for you English unit people) and their heart rates are strong.
They are due on Oct 27th, although the doctor said to be prepared for them to come early. Probably the end of Sept or early Oct.
I have been very fortunate that the morning sickness thing has been extremely light, almost non-existent; don't hate me. The main effect is that I have been so sleepy. I go to bed early, go back to sleep after getting the boys off to school, nap for an hour or more at work (thanks, honey, for setting up an office to sleep in at work), and I'm still looking forward to bed by 7pm. It has thrown a wrench in my productivity (and my blogging, obviously). The tired thing is supposed to wear off in a couple of weeks, just in time to start getting huge. I can't wait.
I had a clue that this pregnancy was more than 1 baby when at 6 weeks, I couldn't suck in my stomach any more and I swore it was getting bigger. I panicked that I would be getting big fast, and bought a bunch of maternity clothes on e-bay. It's a good thing because it was only a couple weeks later that I wasn't fitting into most of my pants anymore and we found out that there were 2.
The boys have been really excited about it. When we told them and told them they couldn't tell anyone, yet, I thought they were going to explode. Their one consistent comment has been, "why didn't you have them sooner?" The boys have each done the calculations in the age difference and realized they're going to be gone for most of the babies' childhood. I didn't expect that reaction, but it's a nice expression that they want to be involved with the babies.
Anyway, hopefully I'll be feeling more awake and alert in the coming weeks and be able to take the time to blog. We won't know for another month or two what the genders are, but we are definitely finding out. I want to be prepared for these guys. We'll keep you posted.
3 comments:
Congrats! I'm happy for you and your family.
I want to see pics of you preggo! With twins I want to see how fast you get bigger than me with 1 and months ahead...
Congratulations! And good luck! I'm not sure I could face all of the diapers and sleepless nights at this age and just imaging what college tuition will be in 20 years frightens me. But Dave (and no doubt, you too, Chris) is made of sterner stuff.
Rob Phipps
Post a Comment