Saturday, November 1, 2008

Grand Canyon Day 1

Today David and Nathan start at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon for the 1st day of their 4 day backpacking trip rim to rim. They will come out the South Rim on Tuesday. They have been planning this for two years and are finally doing it. They had to apply for their backcountry pass months ago in order to make the trek. David has been working out for two months so that he is in really good shape for the trip. He even took his hiking boots to the gym for the last couple of weeks so he could simulate the conditions of the hike. I doubt I'll hear from him until they come out, so watch next week for pictures.

At the same time, Alice is on a sheep farm somewhere in the outback of Australia, last I heard. She is traveling with David's sister, Joyce, and Joyce's fiancee, Bruce. You never know where in the world our family will pop up next.

No comments: