Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

We started preparing for Halloween last week by having Sinister Ravioli with Pepperoni, Eye of Newt Salad, and Bones for dinner.

Parker as Ceasar for the ward trunk-or-treat.

McKay was in charge of the mummy wrapping station.

Bryson's friend from school-Carson, Bryson, and his friend from church-Duncan. Bryson dressed up as Murtag from the Eragon book series. His main objective this Halloween was to be a character where he could spray his hair black.
.

Want to hear a funny little "whoops"? Bryson has started playing with Carson recently, but I don't know much about his family. I know I see Carson's Dad picking him up every time I pick Bryson up from school. So I wondered what kind of job he had that he could pick up his kids everyday at 3. Anyway, Carson's mom left a message on Tuesday night asking if Bryson could come to their church Halloween party on Wednesday. Our trunk-or-treat was on Wednesday, so I called to decline, but found out that their's was earlier in the day and Bryson could go to both. Of course, I then invited Carson to trunk-or-treat at our church. His Dad seemed to hesitate, so I said, just drop him off with Bryson if he can go to give him some time to think about it. He did bring him over and they seemed to have a great time at both churches' events. When I dropped off Carson afterward, I told his Dad I was sorry he brought home so much candy and mentioned that we had about 100 kids at our event. When we got home, Bryson told me about the event at Carson's church. There were games like ours, but not as many people and not very many kids. At the end Bryson said that Carson's Dad gave a talk and told them how we are like pumpkins and the gooey, gross insides are like sins and we can clean them out by repenting. Then we are like a jack-o-lantern and the light of Christ can dwell in us for all to see. Nice analogy. Bryson mentioned that Carson's Dad seemed like he was in charge. It then dawned on me that Carson's Dad is probably the Pastor of one of our local churches. That's fine, except I invited his son to our church activity, then told him how many more people we had come to ours! Whoops!


I know this is a little blurry. He didn't have all his accessories on for the picture. Murtag is an archer and fighter.

Spooky Graveyard Pudding for dessert at McKay's Halloween Party.

McKay's Halloween party on Halloween night. Everett, Lucas, Adam, and McKay in the picture; also Chris, Andrew, and Neal came. I warned them that I had inventoried all the eggs, shaving cream, and toilet paper, so I would know if they decided to sneak out and pull some Halloween tricks.
Happy Halloween!

No comments: