It's Turkey time again. For us that means the second year in a row running the Troy Turkey Trot. David, McKay, Bryson, and Dorothy were up for it this year. As always it was very cold and very crowded. McKay was the fastest runner of all the family members (no surprise).
After the Turkey Trot, the babies and I caught up with them at Dorothy's for our traditional cinnamon roll breakfast - thanks to my Grandma Spykerman's awesome recipe. On the way to Dorothy's I had to drop a batch off at the VA hospital where Dorothy's husband, John, works so he could share some with his coworkers and staff. They're that good.
Then we were off to the Gibson Farm for the traditional turkey fare. It was a smaller group this year with just our family (which is not by any means small) and David's sister Jen's family.
Kadence and Austin got to sit in the "Bean bags of Honor" at the dinner this year. Next year they'll be banished to the kid table (along with us I suppose).
Now time for leftovers.

No comments:
Post a Comment