Thursday, March 19, 2009

I curse all software programmers

OK, so I'm working on a project at XOS where I'm the Project Manager for a new ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning which is code for "software that runs everything in the company") software implementation.

The thing is that we chose a brand new release of the software because it has some functionality on the financial side that they didn't have in the old release. Unfortunately, there are way too many bugs for my liking. I feel like a beta tester. I'm on a first name basis with 4 tech support people at the software company and have talked to about 10 others. It's starting to wear on me.

Luckily, I have the support of an awesome implementation team (oh, and don't forget company President - thanks, honey) that is as willing as I am to set unrealistic goals and then make them happen. Darn overachievers!

2 comments:

Jen B said...

I hope that curse doesn't extend to any software programmers that you happen to be related to :) Sorry about the frustration though.

Dunklees said...

Sounds like you are working way to hard and we need to organize a get-a-way lunch!