Monday, August 17, 2009

Fishing with Uncle Tom

Our last stop before the family reunion was to stop and visit David's Aunt Beth and Uncle Tom (Aunt Beth is Walt's Sister). Beth fixed us a delicious breakfast at their cabin.
Then Tom took us out to experience his favorite past time, fishing! We got geared up and headed to Navajo Lake. David was the only one that caught anything. It was great to be fishing the waters that David's Dad and Grandfather before him fished.

Bryson found a rock that made a perfect fishing pole holder.


We went back to the cabin for lunch and McKay gutted the fish. We really enjoyed the trip and need to try to make time to fish more in NY. The problem is, I grew up trout fishing in Utah. I know several ways to cook trout. I haven't even heard of the fish in NY. I wouldn't know what to do with them if we caught them.

No comments: