Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hangin' with d'Niece and d'Nephew

My sister, Peggy, and I have been plotting a get together with my brothers and sisters for 2 years, now, and we were finally able to put the plan in motion. So we rented a vacation home in Southern Utah, near some of our family history sites, and sent out the notifications. The only problem was that my brothers couldn't make it. Luckily in planning to be in Utah, I added a little extra time to the trip to visit some other family. So I visited Scott in Salt Lake before the reunion and we chilled for a day.
So what do you do on a Saturday when your favorite Aunt's in town? Laser Tag! Danielle (d'Niece) and I made a great team, but Scott and Ethan (d'Nephew) dominated. Scott is remarkably good at laser tag. Probably the best player that didn't cheat. Here is a picture of Danielle ready for battle-that's not her battle face, though. Trust me she can be fierce.

We played a lot of air hockey, which is good for me because it's something I can beat my big Bro at after he cleaned my clock at Laser Tag - several times.

After dropping Danielle off at her friend's house, Scott, Ethan, and I went out for pizza then to an arcade. I'll let you in on a secret...I love skee ball! I'm not very good at it, but I can't walk past a machine with out dropping some quarters.It was great to see my big Brother and his kids. It's been too long...come and visit me in New York!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

you know, ten months later and across the nation, I could still hear you shouting "come visit me in new york"